RISHUBH NAIK wins LIONS CLUB OF PONDA ALL GOA OPEN RAPID CHESS AT MANGUESHI
Rishubh Naik (8pts., Buch. 56.5) won the 4th ALL GOA OPEN RAPID CHESS TOURNAMENT 2012 organized by Lions Club of Ponda under the auspices of Ponda Taluka Chess Association affiliated to Goa Chess Association, being held at Wagle High School, Mangeshi .
175 players including 48 rated players participated in this tournament.
Niraj Saripalli (8pts., Buch. 56.0) got the 2nd place and Ritviz Parab (7.5pts.) 3rd place.
Wilson Cruz(7.5), Shane Braganza(7.5), Sanjil Hoble(7), Gauri Hadkonkar(7), Rajas Chari(7), Ameya Audi(6.5), Deeptesh Karmalkar(6.5), Nandhini Saripalli(6.5), Kapil Pawse(6.5), Shubham Pinge(6.5), Vageesh Tendulkar(6.5) and Milind Gauns(6.5) got 4th to 15th place in open category repectively.
Mr. Ashesh Keni, President, Goa Chess Association was the Chief guest of the PRIZE DISTRIBUTION function. Also present at the function were Shashidhar Naik (President, Lions Club of Ponda), Sagar Sakordekar (Tournament Director), Amogh Namshiker (Project Chairman) and Chief Arbiter Sanjay Kavlekar.
Sandip Pagi, Vatan Kuncolienkar, Archana Tendulkar and Sandesh Naik took active part in organizing this tournament.
Consolation prizes awarded to other players are as follows:-
Best U13 1st Snehil Shetty, 2nd Tatvesh Sawant
Best U11 1st Aditee Prabhugaonkar, 2nd Saiesh Audi
Best U9 1st Krystal Fernandes, 2nd Swera Braganza
Best U7 1st Shivank Kuncolienkar, 2nd Sharath Shanbhag
Top Board results (Round 9)
1. Niraj Saripalli(1994) beat Rishubh Naik(1937)
2. Deeptesh Karmalkar(1657) lost to Ritviz Parab(2053)
3. Shubham Pinge(2017) lost to Shane Braganza(1650)
4. Wilson Cruz(1938) beat Snehil Shetty(1590)
5. Ameya Audi(1822) drew with Sayani Kerkar(1459)
6. Sharmad Bodke (1445) lost to Gauri Hadlonkar (1610)
7. Rajas Chari(1592) beat Krystal Fernandes(1462)
8. Bhimappa Harijan(1491) lost to Sanjil Hoble
9.Aditee Prabhugaonkar(1449) drew with Swapnil Hoble(2105)
10. Anirudh Parsekar(1433) lost to Prasanna Swamy(1808)